Tuesday, July 6, 2010

St George
































I had the opportunity to take my daughter to St. George to see the outdoor plays at Tuachan this past week . My youngest is starting her senior year this coming fall and after that she will be going to college. It was a great trip. I needed some R&R and Troy wasn't able to come with us.





Natasha and I packed up the truck and headed down. The trip didn't take too long, we were there in time to check in and head to Tuachan. It was 104 degrees when we pulled into town. We rushed up to dinner at Tuachan provided by a Buffet place. We weren't very hungry this entire trip, cause it is hard to eat when it is hotter than Hades. Then we settled down to watch Cats. Neither one of us read the program, or else we would have known the story line but we just didn't get it until after the whole play. There was a girl sitting next to us that was about 6 or 7 and she sang badly, off-key the entire time during the whole play. What fun for me... The costumes were cool and the girl that played one of the leads, was the most beautiful singer that I have ever heard. When she got finished singing "Memory" everyone around us just said, "WOW". She is a Grammy award winner & Tony nominated for something or other, but that girl has talent.





The next day we went shopping. I like going with Natasha because she won't let me buy Grandma looking clothes. She doesn't have a problem telling me that the clothes I pick out are ugly. So that was a lot of fun. She picked out some great clothes for me. It was 107 degrees.





The next night we went to Disney's Tarzan. It was amazing. The music was awesome and the flying actors were awesome. It was a great setting for this play to be performed. The stage was perfect for water & storms.





The next day we were smarter and went to a movie in the A/C it was 106 degrees outside. We stayed in the room and read and relaxed. What I like about St. George is the beauty of nature. Natasha took these pictures and really it was hard picking out a few, Utah is a very beautiful place.





The moral of this story is, maybe St. George in July isn't the best place to vacation when it is over 105 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment